mhhp believes that a strong commissioning partnership between funder and service provider lies at the heart of providing excellent sustainable helpline services.
Commissioning is currently under review by the Government, please see the following links for the current position:
- Department of Health Modernisation of Health Care
- Practical Mental Health Commissioning: A new direction of outcomes
- Health and Social Care Bill 2011
mhhp has also produced the following documents which may be useful:
- mhhp Brief Commissioners Guide - Produced by GLH Consulting Ltd for mhhp in 2008
- mhhp Commissioning Guidance - Produced by mhhp in 2009
- Definition of a mental health helpline - Produced by mhhp partnership representatives -revised October 2008
- Re-commissioning day and employment services guide - Produced 2008
"The helpline has made things bearable. I can cry, talk or just listen to them."