Mental Health Helplines Partnership (mhhp) is the umbrella body for organisations offering helpline services to people with mental health needs. We support member organisations to work together to improve choice, accessibility and quality for callers by developing helplines' capacity and capability within a strong governance framework. Members should login at 'my mhhp' to access their own dedicated area.
We also help callers to get the support they need; please use these pages to search for a specific helpline, learn about our work or to obtain wider mental health information.
Find a Helpline
You can also use the scrolling banner of member links or the left/right browse buttons below to locate a helpline
- Agoraphobics United National: Listening ear for housebound, agoraphobic, lonely and isolated people. Andover Crisis & Support Centre National: Telephone and drop in service. Anxiety Alliance National: Self help to those who suffer from anxiety disorders and much more. Anxiety UK National: Helpline for all anxiety disorders.
- Beating Eating Disorders (Beat) National: The UK Charity supporting people affected by eating disorders. Bedfordshire and Luton Mind Bedfordshire and Luton: mental health support and information Bristol Crisis Service for Women National: Support for women in emotional distress and those who self-injure. Bristol Mindline Bristol and surrounding area: Free confidential listening service.
- Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) National: Helpline aimed at young men 15-35 CATSS (Crisis & Telephone Support Service) For people who use Northamptonshire NHS services in need of immediate support. City of York Council Mental Health Support Line York, Easingwold District, Selby District and Tadcaster - referal based helpline. Combat Stress National: Confidential advice and support for current and ex-Service personnel.
- Connect Assist Ltd National: 24/7 support by information, live chat, email or phone Crisis Helpline (Surrey and NE Hants) Surrey and North East Hants: Crisis Help Line for adults aged 18 - 65 years CrisisCall Craven, Harrogate, Hambleton, Richmondshire, Scarborough, Whitby, Ryedale Crossline Coventry National: A Christian staffed helpline offering a listening ear.
- Crossline Hull National: Confidential Christian helpline seeking to serve the community. Crossline Plymouth National: Impartial, non-judgemental listening service. Doctors' Supportline National: offers support to any doctor or medical student who needs it. FamilyLine South East England: Free confidential and emotional support to all family members
- Greenwich Mind Greenwich: Telephone counselling for immediate help and support in a crisis. Guide-Line Bradford Bradford, West Yorkshire: confidential mental health support and information. Lambeth Mind Lambeth and Southwark: Confidential mental health information service Lifeline Cambridgeshire Cambridgeshire and Peterborough: Supports people experiencing emotional distress.
- London Lesbian & Gay Switchboard National: services for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. Marie Stopes International International: telephone consultations, counselling and advice. Mental Health Helpline - Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust Lancashire: Out of hours helpline to anyone concerned about mental health. Mental Health Matters Confidential emotional support to anyone who calls the line.
- Mind infoline National: A mental health information service Mindline Somerset Somerset: Confidential helpline devoted to mental health issues. NERIL North Essex Resource and Information Line for Mental Health (NERIL) NHS Direct National: Provides information and advice about health
- Nightline Association National: Network and support organisation for 33 Nightlines Nightlink Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly: A listening service for anyone over 18. Nottingham Community Housing Association Nottingham: support for people experiencing mental distress. OCD Action National: For people affected by obsessive compulive spectrum disorders.
- PAPYRUS National: confidential helpline for young people Premier Life National: Emotional and spiritual support from a Christian perspective. Rethink - Asian Mental Health Helpline Kent, Bexley and Crawley: For Asian communities affected by mental illness. Rethink Mental Illness National: A telephone support service for people experiencing mental distress.
- Rochdale and District Mind Rochdale and District: For anyone concerned about mental health issues. SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health) Scotland: Information and signposting in relation to mental health St Patrick’s Mental Health Services Ireland: Support for service users in their recovery. Staffordshire Mental Health Helpline Staffordshire: A “safe place” to talk through mental health worries
- Swindon Listening Line Swindon: Free and confidential listening line The Line to What Now? Lancashire, Wiltshire and West Yorkshire: interactive services WAND Devon: Free confidential helpline to anyone in Devon with mental health issues Womankind Bristol: Listening support to women experiencing emotional distress.
- York Mind York: Information about mental health and services. YoungMinds Parents Helpline National: information and advice about the mental health of a child.